Tuesday, May 30, 2023

The Seed Keeper

 

“The Seed Keeper” by Diane Wilson

Published by Milkweed Editions

Finished 5/29 – 4/5 stars

 

I truly enjoyed this historical fiction surrounding Native American heritage and culture, spanning multiple generations. Due to our different upbringings and surroundings, occasionally I had to remind myself that the main character, Rosie, was only about 10 years older than me because it felt like it was taking place much earlier in time.  The book was very well written with the only real negative being that it was a little too political at times.  They were brief instances and necessary for the storyline though, so it didn’t take too much away from the overall feel of the book.  I highly recommend it.

 

#TheSeedKeeper

#DianeWilson

#MilkweedEditions

#2023Reads

#LynnsBookReviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment