Wednesday, May 10, 2023

The Book of Lost Names


 “The Book of Lost Names” by Kristin Harmel
Published by Gallery Books

Finished 5/9 – 4.5/5 stars

 

I thought this was going to be a 5 star read until I reached the end.  The story itself was great, the character development was really good, and it was overall well written.  There were plenty of horrific aspects of the holocaust but this story focuses more on shining a light on some of the good people were able to do for one another to try to survive it. I truly loved reading it but there were 2 aspects of the storyline in which I didn’t like the closure given – 1 would have been ok, but 2 was too much (you’ll understand once you read it). I also felt that the storyline of the book itself needed to be drawn out a little more to come full circle, showing the benefits of it being found.  Those are more personal preferences but they’re the reason it’s not quite a 5 star read for me.  I highly recommend it though.    

 

#TheBookofLostNames

#KristinHarmel

#GalleryBooks

#2023Reads

#LynnsBookReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment