Friday, June 2, 2023

Four Treasures of the Sky

 

“Four Treasures of the Sky” by Jenny Tinghui Zhang
Published by Flatiron Books
Finished 6/2/23 – 4/5 stars
 
This book won the Goodreads Choice Award for Historical Fiction last year, which is how I found it.  I’m honestly not sure why I haven’t heard more about it or why it hasn’t received more attention.  It may be a debut novel, but it doesn’t read as one.  You will fall in love with the main character and want to protect her through all the situations she encounters while trying to find her way back home to China where she had been kidnapped from as a child. The story is heartwarming at times and heartbreaking at others.  I definitely recommend it.
 
Side note – this book does have a pet peeve of mine……no quotation marks!  Drives me crazy but I was still able to fully enjoy it.
 
#FourTreasuresoftheSky
#JennyTinghuiZhang
#FlatironBooks
#2023Reads
#LynnsBookReviews


No comments:

Post a Comment