Sunday, May 21, 2023

The Winter Guest

 

“The Winter Guest” by Pam Jenoff
Published by Park Row Books
Finished 5/21/23 – 3.5/5 stars
 
I definitely enjoyed this one but found it a little too predictable and the ending seemed rushed.  When you see you only have about 40 pages left to read but a lot of storyline still to wrap up….there will either be a sequel or a rushed ending.  This has the rushed ending.  It’s still a good story, I just wish Ruth’s storyline continued further before jumping ahead to 2013.
 
This obviously won’t be the same for everyone but with my Polish background, there were a few words that would just warm my heart when I read them.  It’s not often you find Polish words in a book written by an American, but it was nice to find Babcia, pieogi, Wigilia, Oplatek, and the mention of waiting for the 1st star to arrive before eating Christmas Eve. My family will understand.
 
#TheWinterGuest
#PamJenoff
#ParkRowBooks
#2023Reads
#LynnsBookReviews


No comments:

Post a Comment