Saturday, June 29, 2024

Ladykiller

“Ladykiller” by Katherine Wood
Published by Bantam / Random House
 
There are pieces of this book I didn’t enjoy but plenty of pieces I did.  The book is told in two related storylines – one being chapters of Gia’s memoir taking place a few months prior and the other being Abby’s present storyline.  Eventually the two timelines meet.  I much preferred Abby’s chapters but looking back now, I think it might have been planned that the reader wouldn’t enjoy Gia’s memoir as much.  Afterall, she was the less likable and relatable character. And her personality definitely came through in her writings. 
 
Overall, considering this is the author’s debut novel, I think she did very well and I can see promise in her future books.
 
Thank you to NetGalley and Bantam/Random House for the complimentary copy of this book.  As always, the opinions expressed within this review are completely my own.
 
Finished 6/29/24 – 3.5/5 stars (publication date is 7/9)
 
#ladykiller #katherinewood #bantamdell #netgalley #2024reads #lynnsbookreviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment