Thursday, June 20, 2024

American Dirt


 

“American Dirt” by Jeanine Cummins
Published by Holt Paperback (Macmillan Publishing Group)
 
While reading this book I had many flashbacks to reading “Enrique’s Journey”, the true story of a young boy’s journey from Honduras to the United States.  Based on that book, I think “American Dirt” got a lot right regarding the dangers of riding the trains through Mexico.  I do think that part of the book was a little long and felt repetitive at times though.  I also felt some of it to come across a little political, mainly when it came to discussing the boarder wall.  It was originally published in 2020 so I can understand why.  Overall, it was a good story – I just enjoyed the beginning and the end better than the middle.
 
Finished 6/20/24 – 3/5 stars
 
#americandirt #jeaninecummins #holtpaperbacks #macmillanpublishinggroup #2024reads #lynnsbookreviews

No comments:

Post a Comment