Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Mercy


 

“Mercy” by Jodi Picoult

Published by Pocket Books (Simon & Schuster)

Finished 2/15 – 2/5 stars

 

In all honesty, I only finished this book because it was written by Jodi Picoult.  I normally really enjoy her books so I kept reading, thinking it would get better, and then it was just too late to quit.  I felt like it just dragged too much.  It probably could have been a much shorter book or even 2 separate books.  And the pieces thrown in about Ireland didn’t need to be there at all.  Plus, I was expecting a thought provoking book about mercy killings but instead it was just 2 love stories – one with strong characters, deeply in love and one broken relationship with weak, irritating characters.  Although I normally love Picoult, I can’t recommend this one.

 

#Mercy

#JodiPicoult

#PocketBooks

#2023Reads

#LynnsBookReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment