Friday, August 23, 2024

Only Say Good Things


 “Only Say Good Things: Surviving Playboy and Finding Myself” by Crystal Hefner
Published by Grand Central Publishing Audiobooks
 
It’s a life I could never imagine for myself or, God forbid, my daughters.  If people want to flaunt their bodies and/or and be photographed nude, more power to them for their self-love and confidence (if that’s why they are doing it).  But for sex to be an unpleasant job rather than an intimate moment between two people is something I don’t understand.  To have your freedom of choices taken away and live under the thumb of a powerful narcissist is something I wouldn’t do. But listening to Crystal tell her story, I completely understand how young women could be swept into it and feel that they can’t get out.  And you feel ALL the emotions, good and bad, while reading it.  This book isn’t for everyone, but personally, I appreciated her honesty and vulnerability in telling her story and hope that it helped her further heal, find her self-worth, and become a stronger woman.
 
Finished 8/23/24 – 3.5/5 stars
 
#onlysaygoodthings #crystalhefner #grandcentralpublishing #2024reads #lynnsbookreviews #genxreads

No comments:

Post a Comment