Wednesday, July 19, 2023

The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane


 
“The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane” by Lisa See
Published by Scribner
Finished 7/18/23 – 3/5 stars
 
I really enjoyed the story and learning about the mountain tribes in China with their traditions and way of life.  What I didn’t enjoy is all the specifics regarding tea.  There were multiple times where I found myself skimming through paragraphs because there were just too many tea facts that I had no desire to learn.  I understand that some of it was important to the story, but only to a certain extent.  I also wish the story would have continued a little longer rather than the abrupt way it ended.  Other than that, I think it was a good book….just not as good as some of her other ones.
 
#TheTeaGirlofHummingbirdLane
#LisaSee
#Scribner
#2023Reads
#LynnsBookReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment