Saturday, June 3, 2023

All Boys Aren't Blue


“All Boys Aren’t Blue” by George M Johnson
Published by Penguin Books
Finished 6/3 – 3/5 stars
 
I’m so glad this memoir was written as a YA book.  Sadly, not all schools will allow it on their library shelves, but thankfully there are still plenty of public libraries and bookstores that will.  Not all children are represented in YA books, especially not those in the LGBTQIAP community.  This book can help give those struggling to find themselves a true story, showing that they are far from alone in that struggle.  Proving that there are plenty of people that will accept you for who you are once you find the strength to tell them.
 
This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for about a year.  I figured Pride Month was a good time to finally read it and I’m very glad I did.  It gave me a better insight into both the Black and LGBTQIAP communities.
 
#AllBoysArentBlue
#GeorgeMJohnson
#PenguinBooks
#YoungAdult
#LGBTQIAP
#2023Reads
#LynnsBookReviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment