Saturday, December 31, 2022

Mad Honey


 

“Mad Honey”

By Jodi Picoult and Jennifer Finney Boylan

Published by Ballantine

Finished 12/31/22 – 5/5 stars (Great way to end the year!)

 

Wow!  Just wow!  There are so many wonderful things about this book but unfortunately, I can’t discuss them all here.  I never include spoilers in my reviews so some of my thoughts will have to stay with me (or discussed in person after you’ve read it).  Just know that there are some sensitive topics addressed within the storyline and I believe the authors handled them all perfectly.  What I can tell you is that it’s a mystery with a couple twists but it’s also full of love, strength, growth, acceptance, family….the list goes on.  At times it will break your heart and other times it will make your heart melt (although I never shed a tear).  And as a bonus, you’ll learn about bees and the benefits of honey.  Like next time you’re hungover, eat a spoonful of honey to help you feel better.        

 

Side note – make sure you read the authors notes at the end for a little extra insight into the book and what brought these two women together to write.  And then enjoy the recipes at the very back (they sound yummy).

 

Thank you to NetGalley and Ballantine for gifting me with an advanced copy to read and review.  My apologies for reading it later than expected.

 

#MadHoney

#JodiPicoult

#JenniferFinneyBoylan

#Ballantine

#NetGalley

#5StarReads

#2022Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment