Wednesday, August 10, 2022

The Many Daughters of Afong Moy


 “The Many Daughters of Afong Moy” by Jamie Ford
Published by Atria Books
Finished 8/9/22 – 4/5 stars

 I really wanted to love this book because I think Mr. Ford has a true talent in writing.  And I did love the characters, just not all of the storyline that takes place in the near future.  Because this is a multigenerational book that begins with the first Chinese woman in America, it needed to start at a certain time in the 1800s.  That means the final characters’ storylines had to be in the future.  I just couldn’t fully wrap my arms around parts of the 2046 storyline.  The rest of the book was wonderful, although it tore at your heartstrings multiple times.  Essentially, it is a book of multiple short stories tied together genetically, showing how a family history can shape the family’s emotional future.

 Thank you to NetGalley and Atria Books for gifting me with an advanced copy to read and review.

 

#TheManyDaughtersofAfongMoy
#JamieFord 
#AtriaBooks
#NetGalley
#2022Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment