Thursday, July 8, 2021

"The Searcher"


“The Searcher” by Tana French

Published by Viking

Finished 7/8/21 - 4/5 stars

This is not an “on the edge of your seat” kind of mystery but more of a good story with a mystery mixed in.  It takes place in a very small farm town in Ireland, where a Chicago police officer goes to retire and get away from the world as he knows it.  As much as he tries to keep to himself on his beautiful plot of land with a dilapidated house, a local teenager decides to insert themselves into his new life rather than go to school.  Soon that leads to him helping try to find out what happened to their missing older brother and the mystery begins. 

This is my first novel by Tana French but it won’t be my last – I definitely enjoyed her writing style.  The Searcher is a stand-alone book but she also writes the Dublin Murder Squad series that I’ll be adding to my list of books to read. 



No comments:

Post a Comment