Tuesday, July 20, 2021

The Other Passenger


 

“The Other Passenger” by Louise Candlish

Published by Simon & Schuster UK

Finished 7/20/21 – 3/5 stars

The 2nd half was definitely better than the first but it still only gets 3 stars from me.  None of the excitement happens until you get through the much slower first half and the twists and turns begin.  And then, just when you think you know how it will end, it changes on you again.  So yes, half of the book was my kind of book!  I also like how it was written.  It starts out on the day a person goes missing during the Christmas holidays in 2019 but then it goes back to when the story really began, a year earlier in January 2019 when this group of people all meet.  Luckily the chapter titles tell you when events are taking place – current time or the past, leading up to the disappearance.  So, if you like a mystery with twists and turns, I’d say give this one a try.  Just don’t read it right after a 5 star read like I did…..that might be why I didn’t enjoy the beginning as much.

Thank you to NetGalley and Simon and Shuster UK for an advanced copy of this book and introducing me to this author.  I’ll have to pick up another of her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment