Thursday, August 6, 2020

The Vacationers



"The Vacationers" by Emma Straub
2/5 Stars
Finished 7/1/20 (catching up)

Sorry, I can’t really recommend this one. I found it boring and predictable and am honestly not sure why I didn’t just give up on it. Most likely it’s because I normally make myself give a book at least 100 pages before I quit and by that time I was 1/3 done. I kept holding out hope that something would grab me and pull me in. Nope. There are 7 characters on vacation together with 4 stories lines – each one a little messed up in its own way but all are fairly predictable. The parents – dealing with an affair. The adult son – in a long term relationship with a girl the family doesn’t like. The teenage daughter – dealing with teenage girl stuff. The gay married couple – recharging their relationship. And of course at the end of the book everything is all tied up nicely with happy endings for all (or at least implied an eventual happy ending)

No comments:

Post a Comment