Friday, January 30, 2015

"Through the Fog"


“Through the Fog” by Michael C. Grumley
Published by Thomas and Mercer
NetGalley copy – finished 1/29/15

3.5/5 stars

This is a short, quick moving story that I was able to read in one evening.  Granted, I was up until mid-night to finish it but it was still just one evening.  That in itself says a lot for me.  If a book can keep me awake that late on a weeknight, it has done a great job pulling me in and keeping my interest.  I probably would have given it 4 stars, however, there were a couple things that didn’t appeal to me.  I didn’t like the way the Roa character was introduced and then not revisited for a long time.  I think that expanding on that character and revisiting him more often could have added a lot to the story.  My other issue with the book was the ending – instead of continuing the storyline further for a smooth ending (and more of a full sized novel), I felt like the author just wrapped it up with a bow to put it away and be done with it.  I did enjoy the book, but felt there was potential to have it be even better so I just can’t give it a higher rating.    

No comments:

Post a Comment