Saturday, January 17, 2015

A new way to share my love of reading

I love to read!  When I'm not working or carting my daughters off to their various activities, I have my nose in a book.  I like to consider it my hobby :)  Between my Nook (the original, no-frills kind) and what I like to call "tree books", I read about 60 a year.  This year I'm adding audio books into the mix to make my commute more enjoyable so I'm guessing I'll end up with a number closer to 75 for 2015.


I also love to discuss books and recommend great books to others.  I'm part of an in person book club and an online reading group via GoodReads.  If you aren't a member, you should be - you'll find your list of "books to read" will grow by leaps and bounds and you'll find yourself reading and enjoying books outside your comfort zone.  Anyway, now I thought I'd try my hand at a reading blog.  You've heard the saying, "I'm a lover, not a fighter".......well, I'm a reader, not a writer.....so, we'll see how this actually goes.  Normally, my reviews are pretty short and to the point but with this extra practice, maybe they'll improve with time.  That's my hope at least :)  Feel free to leave me feedback and/or let me know your opinion on a book I've reviewed here.


Stay tuned for more.
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment