Sunday, July 7, 2024

A Good Neighborhood


 

“A Good Neighborhood” by Therese Anne Fowler
Published by St. Martin’s Press
 
A good novel will have you feeling some type of emotion.  This one just made me so angry!  I knew from the beginning something bad was going to happen, I just didn’t know what.  I knew fairly early on that I didn’t like the stepfather, I just didn’t realize how much that would be true.  I also knew I wasn’t a big fan of the teen-age daughter, and yep, she made me angry too.  And once I saw the end coming, I had tears forming in my eyes.  And not just because I was sad…. but because I was so mad.  If reading this book doesn’t make you angry and want to scream, there’s something terribly wrong with you because this is NOT a feel-good kind of book…. but I recommend it anyway.
 
Finished 7/7/24 – 4/5 stars
 
#agoodneighborhood #thereseannefowler #stmartinspress #bookofthemonth #2024reads #lynnsbookreviews

No comments:

Post a Comment