Thursday, March 7, 2024

After Annie

“After Annie” by Anna Quindlen
Published by Random House
 
I haven’t read an Anna Quindlen book that I haven’t liked – that streak continues.  I really enjoyed this story.  There’s no action or suspense….just a lovely story of grief and the various ways people deal with it throughout the 1st year.  When Anna dies suddenly, her husband has to figure out how to be a single dad, her children have to adjust to the loss of their mom, and her best friend has to figure out how to live her life without her rock that kept her life on the right track.  They all deal with their personal grief differently.
 
One negative I have for this book is that although in real life 2 people with the same name can be best friends without any issues, I see no need to name 2 of the main characters Annie and Annmarie.  Multiple times I had to stop myself to look back to confirm which character said something.
 
Thank you to NetGalley and Random House for the complimentary copy of this book.  As always, the opinions expressed within this review are completely my own.

Finished 3/7/24 – 4/5 stars
 
#AfterAnnie
#AnnaQuindlen
#RandomHouse
#NetGalley
#2024Reads
#LynnsBookReviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment