Tuesday, August 8, 2023

 

“California Golden” by Melanie Benjamin
Published by Random House
Finished 8/8/23 – 3/5 stars
 
Another good historical fiction from Melanie Benjamin.  I didn’t find it to be nearly as good as “The Children’s Blizzard” (5 star read), but I did enjoy it.  It starts off pretty slow and at times I felt like there were historical “events” thrown in unnecessarily, but overall, it was a good story and I learned a little about surfing.  And if you enjoy books about dysfunctional people and/or families, this one is for you.  It is full of them.
 
Thank you to NetGalley and Dell for gifting me with an advanced copy to read and provide an honest review. (Finished just in time for publication day today)
 
#CaliforniaGolden
#MelanieBenjamin
#RandomHouse
#NetGalley
#2023Reads
#LynnsBookReviews


No comments:

Post a Comment