Thursday, July 7, 2022

Helltown: The Untold Story of Serial Murder on Cape Cod


 

“Helltown: The Untold Story of Serial Murder on Cape Cod”
By Casey Sherman
Published by Sourcebooks
Finished 7/7/22 – 4/5 stars

Helltown is a work of fact told with elements of fiction storytelling.” – Casey Sherman

Non-fiction can be hit or miss for me but I greatly enjoyed this one.  Whereas I knew about other historical events/information included within this story, I had never heard of the serial killer Tony Costa.  My parents hadn’t heard of these murders either.  Granted they had moved away from Western Mass about 5 years prior, Vietnam was still going on, and Charles Manson hit the west coast by storm before Costa went to trial so that might have taken away some of the attention.

There are a few storylines within the book but the main topic is the gruesome murders of 5 young women.  Some were locals and others were not.  All were lives taken way too soon by a drug addict with an alter ego controlling his actions.  I thought all the stories were well told and blended together nicely so I would say it was well written.  I definitely recommend it.

Thank you to NetGalley and Sourcebooks for gifting me with an advanced copy to read and review.

#Helltown
#CaseySherman
#Sourcebooks
#NetGalley
#2022Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment