Sunday, March 6, 2022

Rock Paper Scissors

 


“Rock Paper Scissors” by Alice Feeney

Published by Flatiron Books

Finished 3/6/22 – 5/5 stars

I was torn as to how to rate this book but in the end, I just don’t know how I cannot give it a full 5 stars.  I can’t really tell you about it without giving anything away but will say it completely blindsided me.  I’m one of those people that when reading a mystery will look for clues and foreshadowing to try to figure it out before the author fully reveals everything.  I thought I was doing really well but this author obviously knows there are people like me.  She purposely threw little bits into the story so that the reader would make assumptions, sometimes the wrong assumptions.  And sometimes those little nuggets thrown in ended up having nothing to do with the story, you just didn’t realize it at the time.  When the first major twist came, I actually found myself going backwards to check out a couple things to see what I missed (luckily, I have the physical book and not an ebook).  So, due to the way it was written, it has earned the 5-star rating from me.  

This is the first Alice Feeney book I’ve read but it won’t be my last.  Luckily, I have 2 more of her books in my bookcase and definitely look forward to reading them soon.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment