Wednesday, January 12, 2022

A Flicker in the Dark


“A Flicker in the Dark” by Stacy Willingham

Published by St. Martin’s Press

Finished 1/11/22 – 5/5 stars                       

I find it hard to believe that this is the author’s debut novel.  The suspenseful writing and plot twists made for a great page turner.  I changed my mind multiple times as to who did it.  I’d read a line and be convinced it was foreshadowing the ending, but then another twist would come to change my mind.  As more proof that it was a great book - I didn’t like any of the characters.  None.  If I can dislike every character and still love the book, it’s a great story that is holding my interest.  I’m definitely looking forward to her next book.

 This is story of Chloe.  When she was a child, 6 teenage girls went missing in her small town to which her father plead guilty and went to jail.  As the 20th anniversary of the abductions draws near, 2 teenage girls disappear in her current town and she knows one of them. Chloe is sure they are somehow related to her past.  Is she paranoid? Is it a copycat?  Or is it completely unrelated to the prior case?  I don’t want to say more and accidently give anything away so you’ll have to read it to find out what happens.

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for an advanced copy to read and provide an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment