Saturday, April 10, 2021

Beyond the Point

 

“Beyond the Point” by Claire Gibson

Published by William Morrow

Finished 4/10/21 – 3/5 stars       

 

Based on the average rating and some of the reviews I had seen, I was expecting a better read.  The storyline was good but I didn’t find the writing to be anything special.  There weren’t over the top descriptions, the character development could have been better, and the events that could have been suspenseful, just weren’t.  It was just on overall OK read.  Having been to West Point once for a tour with my daughter and then twice again with friends to see their son play football, I greatly enjoyed all the parts of the story taking place there.  It is an absolutely beautiful campus and I enjoyed “going there” again via the story.  But a walk down memory lane isn’t enough to bring my rating up.   

 Please know, I think this book should be labeled as being in the Christian genre.  There are a lot of biblical references throughout the book so if you feel that would bother you, don’t pick this one up.


No comments:

Post a Comment