Friday, March 12, 2021

Anxious People

 


“Anxious People” by Fredrik Backman

Published by Atria Books

Finished 3/12/21 – 4/5 stars

 

A failed bank robbery turns into a hostage situation for a number of unsuspecting people who were simply viewing an apartment for sale.  Mixed in are stories of young love, old love, parental love, self love, and empathy for others.  Oh, and then there are some life lessons and comedy thrown in there as well.  It wouldn’t be a Fredrik Backman book if there weren’t.  This is the fourth book of his that I’ve read and thoroughly enjoyed (obviously, since I finished it in just a couple days).  “A Man Called Ove” is still my favorite though.

My favorite quote from this book is “Anyone can nurture a myth about their life if they have enough manure, so if the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, that’s probably because it’s full of shit.”  If that makes you chuckle I bet this book will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment