Saturday, January 21, 2017

"Always" BOOK REVIEW



“Always” by Sarah Jio
Published by Ballantine Books
Finished 1/21/17  -  3/5 stars

Kailey has moved back to Seattle, found a good job, met a nice guy, and fell in love.  They bought a house together and are busy planning their wedding when one evening she happens upon a homeless man when leaving a fancy restaurant in the city.  When their eyes meet, he doesn’t recognize her but she is sure she knows who he is – her first love from years ago.  He was young and successful when he just disappeared from her life, never to be heard from again.  What could have possibly happened for him to now be living on the streets and not even remember her?  Kailey is determined to find out, but at what cost.

I had heard great things about Sarah Jio’s books but this is the first one I’ve actually read.  Unfortunately, I have a feeling it’s not her best work.  I found this story to be low drama, low action, and fairly predictable.  With that being said, it was also just what the doctor ordered for me at this time because I had just finished the most depressing book I have ever read and needed something light with a happy ending.  It definitely served its purpose for me.  Because of the great things I’ve heard about this author, although this book was only a 3/5 for me, I will be trying another of her books.


Thank you to Ballantine Books and Net Galley for an advanced copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment