Friday, December 2, 2016

"Where'd You Go, Bernadette" REVIEW







“Where’d You Go, Bernadette”
By Maria Semple
Published by Back Bay Books
Finished 12/1/16 – 3.5/5 stars


Looking for a light and funny read?  This book will fill that need, and it’s a pretty quick read as well.  It is oddly written in that the majority of it is emails, faxes (really?), and letters with the remainder being narrated by Bernadette’s teenage daughter, Bee, filling in the gaps with her own memories.  Bernadette is quite quirky and entertaining (unintentionally) but my favorite parts were the storylines that included the moms from Bee’s private school (referred to as annoying gnats).  Those parts were hysterical to me.  Granted, if you are one of those moms you might not find it so funny J   I won’t give away the ending but will say, I’m not sure whether or not I liked it.  There were parts of the ending I enjoyed, but not sure how I feel about how it all turned out.  All my questions were answered, just not necessarily how I wanted them to be I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment