Sunday, November 27, 2016

"The Zookeeper's Wife" REVIEW



"The Zookeeper's Wife" by Diane Ackerman
Published by W. W. Norton & Co


Finished 11/27/16  -  3/5 stars




I’ve been meaning to read this book for a while.  When I saw they had made it into a movie coming out this spring, I decided to move it to the top of my list.  I think it could be a good movie, but felt it was just an OK book.  I thought the author did a very good job with the nature and animal aspects of the book – the writing flowed with great descriptions during those parts.  When it came to the people’s actions and descriptions, it felt choppy – it made it difficult to bond or relate with any of the characters.  Truly, at times I thought maybe the book was co-written because the styles seemed so different depending on the subject matter being discussed.







No comments:

Post a Comment