Monday, January 22, 2024

Twenty-Seven Minutes


 “Twenty-Seven Minutes” by Ashley Tate
Published by Poisoned Pen Press
Finished 1/22/24 – 3.5/5 stars
 
This is the author’s debut novel and I’d say she did a very good job with storyline and character development (none are likable).  It is told in multiple points of view, taking place in both present day and 10 years prior, but it’s very easy to follow along because chapters are labeled and the past is in a different font.  Although I don’t think it was her intention, I did find the ending to be predictable.  Even though I was pretty sure how it was going to end, I still continued on the ride because I was enjoying it (and to make sure I was right).  Overall, I would recommend it.
 
Thank you to NetGalley and Poisoned Pen Press for the complimentary copy of this book.  As always, the opinions expressed within this review are completely my own.
 
#TwentySevenMinutes
#AshleyTate
#PoisonedPenPress
#NetGalley
#2024Reads
#LynnsBookReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment