Monday, January 8, 2024

Northwoods


 “Northwoods” by Amy Pease

Published by Atria

Finished 1/8/24 – 3/5 stars

 

This is the author’s debut novel. I think she did a pretty good job and has potential.  It’s a short mystery that touches on a lot of deep topics – PTSD, alcoholism, drug addiction, and big pharma.  Lots of dysfunction for a little vacation town with a police force of just 4 people.  I believe the intention was for there to be some twists/surprises along the way but as a reader of a lot of mysteries, I found them fairly predictable.  I did enjoy it though – I really liked the main character and it definitely kept my attention, pulling me along to conclusion.  I would recommend it.

 

Thank you to NetGalley and Atria for the complimentary copy of this book.  As always, the opinions expressed within this review are completely my own.

 

#Northwoods

#AmyPease

#AtriaBooks

#NetGalley

#2024Reads

#LynnsBookReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment