Sunday, April 16, 2023

The Last Thing He Told Me

“The Last Thing He Told Me” by Laura Dave
Published by Simon & Schuster
Finished 4/16 – 5/5 stars
 
I’m kicking myself for letting this book sit in my bookcase for 2 years.  Why did I wait?  It was so good that I read it over a weekend.  It’s not a suspenseful book, but it’s still a page turner that keeps you guessing.  And now I can’t wait to watch the show.
 
Not only is the story itself really good, the way it’s written is too.  Majority of the chapters are present time but then there are “flashback” chapters mixed in as well that are going in a reverse timeline.  For example, the first one might be from like 3 days prior and then by the end it was like 2 years prior.  Another thing I enjoyed was that the chapters had titles rather than just numbers.  Sometimes it’s the little things that help make an impression.
 
#TheLastThingHeToldMe
#LauraDave
#SimonandSchuster
#2023Reads
#LynnsBookReviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment