Sunday, October 23, 2016

"Missing, Presumed" review



“Missing, Presumed” by Susie Steiner

Published by The Borough Press

Finished 10/23/16 - 3/5 stars

A young lady goes missing from her flat in England.  There are no firm leads, just initial guesses by the police as they try to link this disappearance to other people and events.  As the story goes on, you come to think you may know what happened to her, but you won’t figure out the why.  At least I didn’t – I thought that piece pretty much came out of left field when revealed.  You know of someone’s involvement, but not to what extent or why until they confess.

The story is told by a total of five characters…..truly, I think it could have been done with just two or three.  The main narrator is one of the lead police officers who brings her own storyline of finding herself and what she wants out of life.  She definitely has relationship issues, but she’s my favorite character in the book.

I only give this book 3 out of 5 stars because I was expecting a lot more suspense with this type of storyline.  It was not a page turner.  And I didn’t like the way the mystery piece was wrapped up in a bow towards the end.  I liked how the police officers story ended though.


No comments:

Post a Comment