Sunday, March 29, 2015

Whiskey & Charlie

"Whiskey & Charlie" by Annabel Smith
Published by Sourcebooks Landmark
ARC provided by Bookreporter
Finished 3/28/15


3.5 / 5 stars


I won this book from Bookreporter. When it first arrived, I read the back cover to remind myself of what the book was going to be about and then opened it right up. The minute I saw the table of contents was the "two-way alphabet", I knew I was going to enjoy it. So creative!! And then the ability to weave the story around the alphabet so smoothly was simply amazing. It always fit yet never felt forced. The storyline itself had potential to become sappy on a few occasions but I never felt that it did. I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending - in some ways I feel like everything was resolved too neatly yet, it's the outcome I wanted so how can I complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment