Wednesday, February 11, 2015

"A Small Indiscretion"

"A Small Indiscretion" by Jan Ellison
Published by Random House
ebook from NetGalley - finished 2/11/15


3/5 stars


This is an odd book - I'm not sure how they can compare this to "The Girl on the Train" in the hype. Maybe because they both have alcoholic women as main characters? I just don't see the comparison. And this isn't close to being written as well.

This is story of a women telling the past and current parts of her life to her college aged son while he is in a ooma recovering from an accident. Some of the things she says to her son, I couldn't imagine telling my child nor hearing it from my mother. And the flow from 20 years ago to present isn't smooth so you feel that it jumps around quite a bit. This is a debut novel though so maybe as she gains more writing experience, her books will improve.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a copy of the book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment