Friday, April 19, 2024

All We Were Promised


 “All We Were Promised” by Ashton Lattimore
Published by Ballantine Books

 First let me just say that I cannot believe this is the author’s debut novel.  Hats off to her – fabulous job!  I absolutely loved the three strong, female lead characters as well as a couple of the male characters.  Their passion for trying to make a difference to bring an end to slavery and help those enslaved was absolutely inspiring.  The only negative I have is that the spoken words don’t always match the characters’ education level – a prime example would be a speech made at the end that was much more sophisticated and well-spoken than it should have been for that particular character.  I still loved the book though.

Please make sure to read the author's note at the back.  There are a good number of historical facts and people built into the story that I didn’t realize until reading her notes.

 Thank you to NetGalley and Ballantine Books (Random House) for the complimentary copy of this e-book.  As always, the opinions expressed within this review are completely my own.

 Finished 4/19/24 – 5/5 stars!!
 
#allwewerepromised
#ashtonlattimore
#ballantinebooks
#randomhouse
#netgalley
#5starread
#2024bookreviews
#lynnsbookreviews

No comments:

Post a Comment