Monday, June 26, 2017


“I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere But the Pool”
By Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella

Finished 6/26/17 – 4/5 stars

“Life gets in the way” is an understatement when it comes to why I haven’t read a book in so long.  But you don’t want to hear about that…..you want to know what I thought about this book.  Well, I loved it!  As I do all the antidotal books this mother/daughter team puts out.  I’m about a decade younger than Lisa, but relate and find plenty of humor in her stories.  And although a different generation than Francesca, I enjoy her stories as well.  I truly enjoy them all and feel like they are family while I read these books.


These stories are just the dose of humor needed.  I’ve read a couple biographies of comedians this year and actually enjoy these books more.  Neither make you laugh ‘til you cry, but I find these stories more relatable and thus more funny and endearing.  They are an easy read to take you away from the chaos of everyday life.  And with it being a book of short stories, you can easily put it down and pick it back up without worrying about where you left off (or you can just read it in two days like me).

Thank you to Net Galley and St. Martin's Press for an advanced copy in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment