Tuesday, May 9, 2017

"Anything is Possible" BOOK REVIEW





"Anything is Possible" by Elizabeth Strout
Published by Random House


Finished 5/9/17  -  3/5 stars


Although I am a fan of some of Elizabeth Strout’s books, I was behind the ball and just recently finally read “My Name is Lucy Barton”.  I figured I should make sure to read it prior to reading the follow-up book of “Anything is Possible”.  “My Name is Lucy Barton” was only a 3 star read for me and unfortunately the same is true for this one.  I’m not reader of compilations of short stories and feel that was really what this book was - that probably influenced my rating.  I do enjoy some of the writing itself, but the characters and storylines just didn’t pull me in.  It took me way too long to read such a short book so that personally tells me a lot.  If I had loved it, I would have read a book this size in just a few days.  I’m truly hoping her next book, with a brand new set of characters, will make me fall back in love with Strout’s writing.


Thank you to Random House and Net Galley for an advanced copy of this book in return for an honest review.   

No comments:

Post a Comment