Thursday, May 19, 2016

"My Sunshine Away" review


“My Sunshine Away”

By M. O. Walsh

Finished 5/18/16 - 3/5 Stars


Honestly, this book was just OK for me.  I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t love it either.  It’s a coming of age story, yet I don’t find it to be a YA novel.  The narrator is a man telling the story of his childhood as a young teenage boy secretly in love with the girl down the street.  When that girl is raped on her way home one evening, he becomes more obsessed with her and wanting her to love him back.  The story line itself was good, but there would be true life events thrown in there that I felt were more of a distraction and unnecessary.  I would have rather had more time devoted to the main character and his relationships with others than rehashing events related to Jeffrey Dahmer, for example.  Sorry, but I just can’t really recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment