Thursday, May 19, 2016

"The Hypnotist's Love Story"

“The Hypnotist’s Love Story” by Liane Moriarty
Published by Berkley
Finished 4/24/16 - 3 / 5 stars
Based on the title of this book, one would think that it the hypnotist in the story would be the narrator but that’s not the case.  The story is told in two different ways - you read the hypnotist’s story line but it’s not in her words and then the hypnotist’s boyfriend’s stalker’s story line is narrated by the stalker herself.  I would have thought it would have been reversed.  Regardless, it was a pretty good storyline.  I was disappointed with a few aspects of it, especially the ending.  There were some moments that I thought could have been elaborated more but then some side stories that didn’t really need to be included.  In all honesty, I think a number of characters could have been completely removed from the story and they wouldn’t have been missed.
Overall, I liked the book but just didn’t love it.  This was my first book by this author - I’ll definitely give another one a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment