Sunday, February 11, 2024

The Babysitter


 
“The Babysitter: My Summers with a Serial Killer” by Liza Rodman and Jennifer Jordan
Published by Atria
Finished 2/11 – 3/5 stars
 
This is a true crime non-fiction that reads like a novel.  It’s actually 2 stories in one – the story of Cape Cod’s serial killer, Tony Costa, and the story of a local girl’s dysfunctional upbringing that occasionally included Tony taking her with him to run errands (babysit).  Both were interesting storylines but, for the most part, unrelated.
 
I definitely recommend this to anyone who likes true crime or murder mysteries.  It was only a 3-star read for me, personally, but I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that I’d already read a book about these killings so sometimes it felt like a “re-read”, which I don’t enjoy doing.  I have a feeling this would have been 4-star review if I hadn’t read the other book first, but I can’t rate it based on what ifs.
 
#TheBabysitter
#LizaRodman
#JenniferJordan
#AtriaBooks
#SimonandSchuster
#2024Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment