Friday, February 6, 2015

"The Alphabet House"


“The Alphabet House” by Jussi Adler-Olsen
Published by Dutton
Ebook from NetGalley – finished 2/5/15

5/5 stars
Oh my goodness, what an outstanding book!  I loved it from beginning to end.  It is the story of two English childhood friends who leave home to fight in World War II.  While on a recon flight over Germany, their plane is shot down.  You then follow these best friends on their fight for survival both during the war and life afterwards.  But don’t get comfortable thinking you know what will happen next or how it will end because I don’t think it’s a predictable read at all.  It kept me captivated and was hard to put down.  I would occasionally confuse who was who when it came to the German names, but I was able to quickly correct myself and it never took away from my enjoyment of the story.  And I liked how it was told from various points of view – it would lead to some small areas of duplicity of the story line but it never felt repetitive.  I definitely highly recommend this one and wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up in the movie theaters one day.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a copy of the book for an honest review in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment